PSG: A Job Seekers Resource
Join PSG Now!
PSGCNJ NEW MEMBER FORMS
If you wish to join, here are our New Member Information Forms:
• PSGCNJ Contact Information Form
• PSGCNJ Industry Targets Form
• PSGCNJ Occupation Form
• PSGCNJ Participation Agreement Form
• PSGCNJ Permission to Use Name Form
• Benefits of Active PSGCNJ Membership 2012
(Please download a copy of each form, fill out with your information, save and submit your printed forms to our Membership Committee or you can email your completed forms to PSGCNJ Membership at email@example.com. No personal information is saved online.)
Are you a professional, manager, technical or administrative resident of New Jersey who is in a career transition? The Professional Service Group (PSG) of Central NJ can help you!
PSG is a voluntary self-managed organization
dedicated to helping people in their career transitions.
Let PSG be your FREE Resource for Access to Networking, Jobs and Job Search Skills. The extensive networking and training will improve your job search skills will help you land that perfect job. Through PSG, you can access permanent and/or temporary positions in many unique ways.
PSG membership is FREE. However, there are requirements for becoming an Active Member and eligible to take advantage of PSG services:
- Complete the PSG 2½ day-module ACT (Accelerated Career Training Workshops) series.
- Attend our weekly General Membership Meetings most Mondays.
- Contribute 3 hours per week to PSG (e.g., conducting workshops, staffing the phone center, database maintenance, answering E-mail, etc.) and attend your Committee’s meetings.
*PSG ACT workshops teach you the information and skills to approach your job search confidently and professionally. They are FREE and conducted by PSG members who often have professional expertise in the subject matter. All workshops can be repeated as often as you wish.
2½ Day Series: Small group training workshops covering strategies to assist in preparing you for a success job search. Topics include self-assessment, communications, networking, cover letter and resume writing, and interviewing. For more details on the 2½ day training curriculum, click here.
Advanced Resume Review: Advanced, individual instruction for developing an interview-getting resume. Peer reviews of your resume are offered. The 2½ day-session Training Curriculum series is a prerequisite for this review session.
Mock Interview: Participate in an individual PSG mock interview and your confident level will zoom. Helps you put into practice the skills covered in the Interviewing workshop. The Interviewing workshop is a prerequisite to this class.
- General Membership Meetings: Prospective members are encouraged to attend our meetings. General meetings provide networking opportunities as well as presentations to assist with the job search.
- We meet every Monday, except holidays, starting at 10:30 AM for 1 to 2 hours. The meetings take place at the First United Methodist Church of Somerville, 48 West High Street,
Somerville, NJ 08876.
Directions to First United Methodist Church
PSGCNJ Networking Groups:
Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey (PSGCNJ)
For information/suggestions/questions regarding this website contact
the webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org